Same day dispatch for orders before 12 pm on weekdays
Stainless Steel Shear Nut
- Shear nuts are also known as breakaway nuts, inviolable nuts, snap off nuts, security nuts, tamper proof nuts or permacone nuts.
- Used permanent security solution ideal where maintenance is not required
- They are designed to prevent unauthorised tampering or removal of equipment and facilities.
- Typically used in public areas (schools, hospitals etc) and within the fencing industry, e.g. for security perimeter fencing.
- Tightened using standard spanner or socket
- Breakaway nuts – how they work:
- The hexagon nut section is fully tightened with a standard spanner until the pressure applied exceeds the maximum torque limit, which causes the hexagonal part of the nut to break off.
- This leaves a plain tamper resistant cone shape which is extremely difficult to remove as there is nothing to grip.