Same day dispatch for orders before 2 pm on weekdays
BSW Whitworth Split Dies
- A split die is intended for cleaning threads, re-threading or threading on mild steel or aluminium, and when you need to replicate threads with a decent amount of accuracy.
- Is is usually round, cut on one end, and there is a little setscrew threaded in between the split. As you tighten this set screw, the die expands. loosen it, the clamping from the die stock closes the gap.
- They are the correct dies to use if you were to cut your own threads in a piece of round stock.
- The other use for these is to adjust the screw so that the die fits existing threads tightly, the continue these threads.
- Material : Hardened and Tempered Carbon Steel
- Pitch: Standard
- Shape: Round
- Sizes – Various
- BSW 13/16″ OD
- BSW 1″ OD
- BSW 1.1/2″ OD